What: Before I installed the “next generation” sync client, I wanted to see how much of my storage allotment I was using in my OneDrive for Business site collection. I expected to see the information somewhere in the OneDrive for Business usage interface, but no luck. I did some light research and discovered:
The first search result was Microsoft Support’s post – “Manage your OneDrive for Business storage” and it was not as helpful as I hoped as it focused on using the OneDrive for Business sync client.
If you are like me, and trying to find out how much of that 1TB you’re using BEFORE you setup sync to your device (which only has 250 GB of C: drive storage), setting up the sync client is dangerous.
Fortunately, the second search result was ZDNet’s Ed Bott’s article – “How to check your OneDrive for Business storage space“, and he offered the obvious solution, which is to go to the Cog (top right) to access your OneDrive for Business’s Site Settings. Just like a SharePoint site, you can click on Storage Metrics under “Site Collection Administration” heading to see how much space you have in the Site Collection and how much you are using.
How to See Your OneDrive for Business Storage Usage:
- Click on Cog in top right corner of screen.
- In Settings menu, click on Site settings.
- Click on Storage Metrics under “Site Collection Administration” heading.
- Click the top right corner of the screen to see how much storage space you and how much you are using.
- Check the list to see what percentage of your usage is being utilized by your OD4B files.
Hope that helps you!