Task management is hard.
With this simple “workflow”, life can get a little easier.
Here’s how I manage my tasks:
- For every meeting, assign someone to be the meeting scribe and type out a task list in OneNote using To Do tags.
- Pro Tip: Start each task with task owner’s initials and end each task with due date.
- At end of meeting, each person goes to the shared Notebook. They then copy the text containing their tasks from OneNote onto their clipboard.
- Open To Do (on the web). Paste the tasks into the “add a task” field. This creates a new task for each line.
- Pro tip: Don’t use bullets for a clearer experience.
- Open Outlook calendar and use the “My Day” button to open the pane.
- Drag To Do tasks from your Tasks list into your calendar to plan out your day.
Here is a screenshot of where to locate the “My Day” button in Outlook calendar online:
Here is a video of how to copy tasks from OneNote to To Do:
This solution requires you to use:
- The Windows 10 app for OneNote
- The browser/web-based version of To Do
- The browser/web-based version of Outlook calendar