Who we are
Regroove Solutions Inc (Regroove) is a cloud first technology consulting company with a strong focus on helping teams harness technology to run more effective businesses.
We have an infectious love for all things technology-related, and work with progressive organizations that embrace transformative decision-making. We select our projects with care, ensuring our clients share our values, and have any number of internal projects that stretch our creativity and skills. Learning is a huge part of our culture, and we encourage our team members to develop skills outside of their typical roles wherever they find opportunities that interest them.
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. You don’t need to know all the answers, as long as you aren’t afraid to ask questions and keep an open mind. We support each other, learn from each other, and have a great time doing it. The Regroove team shares a laid-back sense of humour; employees build friendships here, and we enjoy lots of after-work activities together.
Who you are
We are in search of a Project Manager to join our team. We are looking for someone who comes by the skills of a project manager naturally. You are the type of person who friends rely on to plan trips. You are the go-to when someone needs help organizing an event. You are a maker of lists and are always the one taking the lead in group projects. You are Type-A and not afraid to say it!
Ideally, you are an experienced project manager who can tell us about the successful projects you’ve worked on. You can take large, complex projects, break them down into manageable phases, and work with the client and project team to deliver results (i.e., herd cats). You don’t mind talking “budget” with the client and you can handle the odd difficult conversation about schedule overruns. You thrive with several projects on the go and have exceptional organizational skills to keep everyone on track.
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic company that is passionate about empowering people and businesses through technology. You want to do the right thing, and to do the thing right; at the same time, you aren’t afraid to ask questions about what you don’t know and admit when you might be wrong.
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be excited about, but you don’t meet our requirements for experience and education, we would still like to meet you. We recognize the value of emotional intelligence and aptitude and are willing to invest in developing the skills of people who possess those qualities.
What your role will include
This Project Manager role at Regroove focuses on all aspects of managing our projects, from kickoff to success story. Each client is assigned a project manager, who captures business requirements, develops estimates with the technical team, finalizes contracts, ensures timelines, scope, and budget are maintained, and communicates internally and externally when unforeseen issues or changes arise.
Your work will be broken down into the following areas:
- 60% – Project Management
- 25% – Internal Projects
- 15% – Administration
- Plan, execute, monitor, and close Microsoft 365 and custom development projects.
- Work closely with clients to understand and capture business requirements.
- Plan and schedule project work and meetings and allocate resources based on team capacity and overall project priorities.
- Track and manage project budget, schedule, and scope.
- Participate, lead, and coordinate project status meetings for team members and stakeholders
- Facilitate design and architecture discussions among internal technical staff and external. stakeholders to achieve realistic solutions.
- Participate in meetings and track key decisions and next steps.
- In the event of change management, ensure appropriate communications and strategies are developed and implemented.
- Positively influence the project team atmosphere by promoting good communication practices and motivating the team with positive reinforcement.
- Perform project retrospectives meetings and capture lessons learned.
- Celebrate each successful project by telling the story in a case study.
- Project manage internal projects as assigned.
- Assist with telling the Regroove story (e.g., blog posts, videos, coaching, etc.).
- Provide work updates in a daily discussion thread (scrum), and participate in internal Teams posts, and other Regroove initiatives.
- Attend weekly morning Teams chats and biweekly team huddles.
- Enter time in Harvest after each task.
Other duties as assigned/required (don’t worry, we’d never assign you a task we wouldn’t do ourselves!).
Our ideal requirements
- Post-secondary degree or certification in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a project management role, ideally in a technical environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting, business-facing, or related interactive role.
- Understanding of the Microsoft 365 Suite (e.g., Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, OneNote, Planner) and the ability to work in a technical environment proficiently.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business-focused teams.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Our must haves
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Humility to recognize mistakes as learning opportunities and ask for help when needed.
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills.
- Capacity to juggle a rotating portfolio of clients from a variety of industries with multiple projects running consecutively.
- Staying organized; taking concise, thorough notes; following organizational processes for naming conventions and task management for team-wide consistency.
- A love of continuous learning and a drive to stay current with constantly changing cloud technology.
- Solution-focused drive to innovate and confidence to speak up when something needs improvement.
- A sense of humour. We love to laugh at ourselves and find fun in life and the work we do.
- An outgoing nature. There are lots of introverts on our team, and lots of independent work here, but we need candidates who enjoy working with other people, as collaboration and understanding are cornerstones of what we do.
- Respect for people; a commitment to inclusiveness in all interactions. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist views are not entertained here. You are not a fit if you harbour these views.
- You don’t have a problem admitting when you’re wrong. “Do the right thing, do the thing right” is a motto we live by and what we mean by that is that we try our best to do the right thing and do things right. Being “right” is not important here; doing what is best for the team or the client is valued above being correct.
- A caring heart. We want someone who would stop to pick up a stray puppy if they saw them in the street. In a world that can be hard, we cherish softness.
Why work with us?
- This is a fully remote position, allowing full work from home/work from anywhere flexibility.
- Premium employee health benefits package that includes dental, massage, chiropractic, optometric, physiotherapy, naturopathic, counselling, and more.
- Paid sick and vacation days.
- Flexibility to accommodate personal appointments during work hours.
- Quality hardware delivered to your home, including a Surface laptop, monitors, camera, and noise-canceling headset.
- A monthly allowance provided to subsidize your existing cellphone plan.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A fun work environment (virtual Jackbox parties, holiday events, etc.).
We’re good at what we do. And that means we can have fun and not take ourselves too seriously.
We deliver on cool ideas and unique projects with clients who align with our values. We are proud of our culture of equality – it doesn’t matter what your role is or how senior/experienced you are, your ideas, knowledge, and input are valued. Each of us has expertise to offer.
So, let’s connect, have a chat, and see if there is a fit.
- Location: Fully online/remote (must be in PST/MST/EST time zone and already based in Canada).
- Salary: $25-37K annually (for part-time), commensurate with experience.
- Term: Permanent, part-time (20 hours/week), with possibility of expanding to full-time in the fall.
- Start: May 1, 2023 (flexible – earlier or later).
How to apply
- Deadline to apply: Wednesday, March 29, 2023, at midnight.
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter in PDF format.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and email subject line.
- Send email PDF attachments to email@example.com c/o Nicole Nelson.