Who we are
Regroove Solutions Inc (Regroove) is a cloud first technology consulting company with a strong focus on helping teams harness technology to run more effective businesses.
We have an infectious love for all things technology-related, and work with progressive organizations that embrace transformative decision-making. We select our projects with care, ensuring our clients share our values, and have any number of internal projects that stretch our creativity and skills. Learning is a huge part of our culture, and we encourage our team members to develop skills outside of their typical roles wherever they find opportunities that interest them.
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. You don’t need to know all the answers, as long as you aren’t afraid to ask questions and keep an open mind. We support each other, learn from each other, and have a great time doing it. The Regroove team shares a laid-back sense of humour; employees build friendships here, and we enjoy lots of after-work activities together.
Who you are
We are in search of a Cloud Solutions Consultant to join our growing team. This individual will work with clients to understand their existing business processes and provide guidance on how to improve them with technology tools. Ideally, you are a professional who enjoys engaging in a variety of end-to-end projects, predominately using Microsoft tools, but can also work with Amazon, Apple and Google products. You thrive on creating custom solutions based on business and technical requirements. You have a solid working knowledge of the configuration, management, and use of Microsoft 365 collaboration tools, including OneDrive, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams, and the rich tooling that surrounds them including the Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate and PowerApps). It is an added bonus if you appreciate and have experience in web app development and deployment.
You are the type of person who constantly stays up to date on disruptive, breakthrough technology, and changing industry processes. You don’t mind “wearing multiple hats” and enjoy variety in your projects and responsibilities. You think critically about problems, always questioning how something can be done better with the goal of working smarter, not harder.
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic company that is passionate about empowering people and businesses through technology. You want to do the right thing, and to do the thing right; at the same time, you aren’t afraid to ask questions about what you don’t know and admit when you might be wrong.
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be excited about, but you don’t meet our requirements for experience and education, we would still like to meet you. We recognize the value of emotional intelligence and aptitude and are willing to invest in developing the skills of people who possess those qualities.
What your role will include
Working together with our project managers and technical consultants, this individual delivers on a range of projects for a variety of clients by designing and implementing technical solutions that streamline manual processes, encourage collaboration, and solve our clients’ pain points.
The successful candidate will go through two weeks of orientation and will then be assigned to a handful of internal and client projects. The team member is responsible for managing their own time and getting project work done on time and to a high standard. We work hard and have a lot of fun at the same time!
Your work will be broken down into the following areas:
- 90% – Cloud Solution Consulting
- 10% – Administration
Cloud Solution Consulting (90%)
- Gather requirements for modern workplace, document management, and collaboration solutions.
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution.
- Work closely with project managers to produce accurate estimates.
- Assist with migrations from on-prem to Microsoft 365.
- Implement Microsoft 365 information management and collaboration solutions (e.g. Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online).
- Effectively manage scope and client expectations on individual assignments.
- Design and build form and workflow solutions using Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
- Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which will include account managers, project managers, business analysts, developers, and other technical consultants.
- Build relationships with clients and assist in expanding the engagement footprint when the opportunity presents itself.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Stay on top of Microsoft 365 roadmap announcements and new services within Microsoft 365.
- Provide work updates in a daily discussion thread (scrum), and participate in internal Teams posts, and other Regroove initiatives.
- Attend biweekly team huddles and technical consultants’ meetings.
- Enter time in Harvest time tracker after completing each task.
Other duties as assigned/required (don’t worry, we’d never assign you a task we wouldn’t do ourselves!).
Our ideal requirements
We are seeking a cloud consultant responsible for helping our clients with their journey in the cloud. This position requires knowledge of the Microsoft stack. Ideally, the candidate has experience with planning and conducting migrations, designing and implementing infrastructure, and guiding clients to optimal usage and productivity with Microsoft tools.
Specific requirements include:
- 2+ years of experience delivering Microsoft 365-based solutions using Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Platform, and other Microsoft tools.
- Understanding of the Microsoft 365 suite and environment, including capabilities, plans, service descriptions, and features.
- Experience with SharePoint on-premises and/or SharePoint Online.
- Experience architecting and deploying Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online.
- Experience with data manipulation, including visual display of data, preferably in Power BI.
- Experience planning and implementing workflows, preferably in Microsoft Power Automate.
- Microsoft IT certifications is a nice-to-have; Regroove may cover cost of certification.
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting, business-facing, or related interactive role.
- Experience with remote desktop support tools.
- Experience monitoring systems to detect issues before they impact business operations.
- Experience writing business and technical documentation.
- Experience researching new and existing technologies to increase operational efficiency, performance, and value to clients.
Our must haves
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business-focused teams.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Humility to recognize mistakes as learning opportunities and ask for help when needed.
- Capacity to juggle a rotating portfolio of clients from a variety of industries with multiple projects running consecutively.
- Ability to stay organized, taking concise, thorough notes, and following organizational processes for naming conventions and task management for team-wide consistency.
- A love of continuous learning and a drive to stay current with constantly changing cloud technology.
- Solution-focused drive to innovate; confidence to speak up when something needs improvement.
- A sense of humour. We love to laugh at ourselves and find fun in life and the work we do.
- An outgoing nature. There are introverts on our team, and lots of independent work here, but we need candidates who enjoy working with people, as collaboration is a keystone of what we do.
- Respect for people; a commitment to inclusiveness in all interactions. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist views are not entertained here. You are not a fit if you harbour these views.
- You don’t have a problem admitting when you’re wrong. “Do the right thing, do the thing right” is a motto we live by and what we mean by that is that we try our best to do the right thing and do things right. Being “right” is not important here; doing what is best for the team or the client is valued above being correct.
- A caring heart. We want someone who would stop to pick up a stray puppy if they saw them in the street. In a world that can be hard, we cherish softness.
Why work with us?
Personal perks include:
- Premium employee health benefits package that includes extras such as massage, chiropractic, optometric, physiotherapy, naturopathic, counselling and more.
- Paid sick and vacation days.
- Flexibility to accommodate personal appointments during work hours.
- Quality office furniture including quality standing desks, large monitors, and other workstation tools specifically selected to reduce back and body strain.
- A monthly allowance provided to subsidize your existing cellphone plan.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Four Microsoft 365 software licenses for home and personal devices.
- The option to work at two spots: in Brentwood Bay at Regroove Studios and your home office!
- If you choose to work from home, we provide screens, chairs, etc.
- At the Brentwood Bay office, you have access to:
- Secure bike storage, showers, and laundry
- Lots of natural light, and a lounge area with 84” TV screen and Sonos speakers
- Fully stocked kitchen with soda and all the coffee you can drink!
- Free parking and no commute to downtown for folks who live on the peninsula
- Periodic paid lunches in the office on Fridays and “Lunch and Learns” dedicated to professional development.
- A fun work environment (weekday games, summer BBQ, etc.).
We’re good at what we do. And that means we can have fun and not take ourselves too seriously. We deliver on cool ideas and unique projects with clients who align with our values. We are proud of our culture of equality – it doesn’t matter what your role is or how senior/experienced you are, your ideas, knowledge, and input are valued. Each of us has expertise to offer. So, let’s connect, have a chat, and see if there is a fit.
- Location: Online/remote and in-person at Brentwood Bay office (occasionally required)
- Salary: $50 – $80K, commensurate with experience
- Term: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Start: October 11, 2021 (flexible – earlier or later)
How to apply
- Deadline to apply: September 6, 2021 at midnight
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter in PDF format
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and email subject line
- Send email attachments to email@example.com c/o Nicole Nelson