WHO WE ARE:
Regroove Solutions Inc. (Regroove) is a cloud first technology consulting company with a strong focus on helping teams harness Microsoft technology to run a more effective business.
We have an infectious love for all things technology-related, and work with progressive organizations and their leaders who embrace transformative decision making. We select our projects with care, ensuring our clients share our values, and have any number of internal projects that stretch our creativity and skill.
Learning is a huge part of our culture, and we encourage our team members to develop skills outside of their typical roles wherever they find opportunities that interest them. The Regroove team shares a laid-back humour; employees build friendships here, and we enjoy lots of team socializing activities.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are in search of a Business Analyst to join our growing team! We are looking for someone that loves to work with clients to be a part of the solution. You thrive on creating custom solutions based on business and technical requirements. You have a solid working knowledge of cloud technology and how it can be used to improve business operations. You like working with clients to help drive engagement with these tools and can appreciate the positive impact that modern technology can have on their daily work.
You are the type of person who constantly stays up to date on disruptive, breakthrough technology, and changing industry processes. You don’t mind “wearing multiple hats” and enjoy variety in your projects and responsibilities. You think critically about problems, always questioning how something can be done better with the goal of working smarter, not harder.
Motivated by meaningful work, you’re looking for a dynamic, growing company that is passionate about empowering people and businesses through technology.
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be excited about, but you don’t meet our requirements for experience and education, we would still like to meet you. We recognize the value of emotional intelligence and aptitude and are willing to invest in developing the skills of people who possess those qualities. If you do have technical or project management skills as well, we are happy to create a unique position for a unique person.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
The Business Analyst role at Regroove works collaboratively to deliver business value to clients through the implementation of cloud technology solutions.
Tasks are focused on the following key areas:
- Business analysis and consulting – 65%
- Business development – 20%
- Internal projects – 10%
- Administration – 5%
Business Analysis and Consulting
- Elicit and capture business requirements through facilitating meetings, conducting workshops and interviews, and reviewing existing processes.
- Validating business requirements to understand the objectives and needs of the client solution.
- Perform user research, analyze user needs, and align results with desired outcomes.
- Proactively identify risks and issues and propose solutions to remove barriers.
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide support and guidance to internal and client teams.
- Identify innovative ways to improve client satisfaction and develop longstanding relationships.
- Participate in planning and development of company and client technology strategies.
- Facilitate design and architecture discussions among internal technical staff and client team members to achieve realistic solutions.
- Ensure appropriate communications and strategies are developed and implemented to promote change management best practices.
- Plan and deliver coaching sessions.
- Analyze learning needs and develop appropriate coaching materials.
- Liaise with technical experts and develop appropriate coaching materials.
- Conduct business digital transformation and technology roadmap planning sessions.
- Collect and incorporate client feedback in internal and client processes.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Identify and recommend new service offerings.
- Increase the value of current clients and attract potential clients.
- Communicate with potential clients to arrange meetings and establish rapport.
- Develop scopes of work in coordination with other team members.
- Develop RFP responses in coordination with other team members.
- Develop and strengthen current client, potential client, vendor, and partner relationships.
- Track, report on, and respond to emerging markets and trends.
- Project manage internal projects as assigned.
- Assist with telling the Regroove story.
- Provide work updates in a daily discussion thread (scrum), and participate in internal Teams posts, and other Regroove initiatives.
- Attend weekly morning Teams chats and biweekly team huddles.
- Enter time in Harvest after each task.
- Other duties as assigned/required (don’t worry, we’d never assign you a task we wouldn’t do ourselves!).
OUR IDEAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary degree or certification in a relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in a consulting, business-facing, or related interactive role.
- Experience in a work environment that utilizes Microsoft Teams for communication.
- A working understanding of Microsoft 365 cloud technology.
- Experience architecting SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams environments.
- Experience researching new and existing technologies to increase operational efficiency, performance, and value to clients.
- Microsoft IT certifications; Regroove may cover the cost of certification or re-certification.
OUR MUST HAVES:
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Comfortable working with technical and business-focused teams.
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and the internal team.
- Ability to actively listen during requirements gathering meetings and convert business requests into technical objectives.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate business and user needs to technical audiences.
- Ability to ask questions when you do not fully understand technical details.
- Solid working knowledge of the capabilities of cloud technology and an ability to bridge functional and technical roles on projects.
- Capacity to juggle a rotating portfolio of clients from a variety of industries with multiple projects running consecutively.
- Ability to stay organized, take thorough notes, and follow organizational processes for team-wide consistency and understanding.
- A love of continuous learning and a drive to stay current with changing cloud technology.
- Solution-focused drive to innovate.
- Confidence to speak up with something needs improving.
- A sense of humour. We love to laugh at ourselves and find fun in life and the work we do.
- An outgoing nature. There are lots of introverts on our team, and lots of independent work here, but we need candidates who enjoy working with other people, as collaboration and understanding are cornerstones of what we do.
- Respect for people; a commitment to inclusiveness in all interactions. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist views are not entertained here. You are not a fit if you harbour these views.
- You don’t have a problem admitting when you’re wrong. “Do the right thing, do the thing right” is a motto we live by and what we mean by that is that we try our best to do the right thing and do things right. Being “right” is not important here; doing what is best for the team or the client is valued above being correct.
- A caring heart. We want someone who would stop to pick up a stray puppy if they saw them in the street. In a world that can be hard, we cherish softness.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all – you don’t need to have all of the answers, as long as you’re not afraid to ask questions and keep an open mind. We support each other, learn from each other, and have a great time doing it. At Regroove, you can:
- Build a career. Learn from a strong team and gain experience with client challenges. We want someone who will grow with us.
- Make a difference. We are passionate about improving business and organizational operations while supporting our community the best way we can.
Personal perks include:
- Premium employee health benefits package that includes extras such as massage, chiropractic, optometric, physiotherapy, naturopathic, counselling, and more.
- Paid sick and vacation days, and extra paid time off during last week of December.
- Flexibility to accommodate personal appointments during work hours.
- Quality hardware delivered to your home, including a Surface laptop, monitors, camera, and noise-canceling headset.
- A monthly allowance to subsidize your existing cell phone plan.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A completely remote work environment.
We’re good at what we do, and that means we can have fun and not take ourselves too seriously. We deliver on cool ideas and unique projects with clients who align with our values. We are proud of our culture of equality – it doesn’t matter what your role is or how experienced you are, your ideas, knowledge, and input are valued. Each of us has expertise to offer!
- Location: Fully online/remote (must be in PST/MST time zone and already based in Canada).
- Term: Permanent full-time (37.5 hours per week).
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
- Please indicate the position you are apply for in your cover letter and the email subject line.
- Send email attachments to email@example.com c/o Nicole Nelson.