This video demonstrates how to extract the transcribed text (transcriptions) from your Microsoft Stream videos so that you can then clean it up for re-use elsewhere, say on blogs, in documents, video descriptions, etc.
There are a few steps to this Stream Video Transcription Export process:
- Capture your Stream video and ensure transcription is enabled (and identify the language as well, never hurts)
- Next you are going to choose ‘Update Video Details’ in the video
- Once in the videos editing screen, you are going to download the ‘Captions’ file. It will have all sorts of juicy data in there … but we don’t want it so…
- You are going to take the contents of that file and take it over to https://web.microsoftstream.com/VTTCleaner/CleanVTT.html and clean it up
- Finally, make the text that much nicer by adding formatting, line breaks and you are in business!
Hope that helps someone!
MicrosoftStream #transcription #clean #text #export #video #contentsharing