Who we are
Regroove Solutions Inc (Regroove) is a cloud first technology consulting company. Regroove helps organizations of all sizes harness the potential of Microsoft cloud technology to develop scalable businesses, build effective teams, and deliver successful projects.
We have an infectious love for all things technology-related, and work with progressive organizations that embrace transformative decision-making. We select our projects with care, ensuring our clients share our values, and have any number of internal projects that stretch our creativity and skills. Learning is a huge part of our culture, and we encourage our team members to develop skills outside of their typical roles wherever they find opportunities that interest them.
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. You don’t need to know all the answers, as long as you aren’t afraid to ask questions and keep an open mind. We support each other, learn from each other, and have a great time doing it. The Regroove team shares a laid-back sense of humour; employees build friendships here.
Who you are
We are in search of an Accounting Assistant to join our team. We are looking for someone who comes by the skills of accounting assistant naturally. You are all about the details – nothing gets past you. You are a maker of lists and are always the one to do the final double-check. Numbers don’t scare you (unlike some of us!). You are Type-A and not afraid to say it!
Ideally, you have experience in corporate accounting (or have learned about it in school) and can tell us about the successful accounting projects you’ve worked on. You can track multiple ongoing accounting projects, make sure the numbers go in the right places, and ensure that 2+2 always equals 4. You are comfortable creating both internal and external financial documentation. You thrive with several projects on the go and have exceptional organizational skills to keep our numbers on track.
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic company that is passionate about empowering people and businesses through technology. You want to do the right thing, and to do the thing right; at the same time, you aren’t afraid to ask questions about what you don’t know and admit when you might be wrong.
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be excited about, but you don’t meet our requirements for experience and education, we would still like to meet you. We recognize the value of emotional intelligence and aptitude and are willing to invest in developing the skills of people who possess those qualities.
What your role will include
The role of the Accounting Assistant is to assist the Controller in the completion of Regroove’s internal bookkeeping. This role focuses on day-to-day bookkeeping tasks while assisting the Controller with additional accounting related project to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Processes all accounts payable and receivable invoices.
- Prepares accounts payable and receivable reports.
- Ensures proper supporting documents and authorizations are present for all transactions.
- Prepares monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Prepares PST and GST remittance back up documentation.
- Reconciles accounts assigned by Controller.
- Processes adjustments requested by Controller.
- Assists Controller with budgeting reports.
- Assists Controller to plan, execute, monitor, and close internal financial projects.
- Assists Controller to plan, execute, and monitor accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists Controller with preparation of year end documentation.
- Monitors outstanding accounting tasks.
- Provide work updates in a daily discussion thread (scrum), and participate in internal Teams posts, and other Regroove initiatives.
- Attend weekly morning Teams chats and biweekly team huddles.
- Enter time in Harvest after each task.
Other duties as assigned/required (don’t worry, we’d never assign you a task we wouldn’t do ourselves!).
Our ideal requirements
- Working towards a post-secondary degree or certification in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting best practices.
- Experience with MS Excel and QuickBooks Online is an asset.
- Understanding of the Microsoft 365 Suite (e.g., Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, OneNote, Planner) and the ability to work in a technical environment proficiently is an asset.
Our must haves
- Ability to recognize and maintain integrity of confidential information.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Humility to recognize mistakes as learning opportunities and ask for help when needed.
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills.
- Staying organized; taking concise, thorough notes; following organizational processes for naming conventions and task management for team-wide consistency.
- Solution-focused drive to innovate and confidence to speak up when something needs improvement.
- A sense of humour. We love to laugh at ourselves and find fun in life and the work we do.
- An outgoing nature. There are lots of introverts on our team, and lots of independent work here, but we need candidates who enjoy working with other people, as collaboration and understanding are cornerstones of what we do.
- Respect for people; a commitment to inclusiveness in all interactions. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist views are not entertained here. You are not a fit if you harbour these views.
- You don’t have a problem admitting when you’re wrong. “Do the right thing, do the thing right” is a motto we live by and what we mean by that is that we try our best to do the right thing and do things right. Being “right” is not important here; doing what is best for the team or the client is valued above being correct.
- A caring heart. We want someone who would stop to pick up a stray puppy if they saw them in the street. In a world that can be hard, we cherish softness.
- Location: Remote (with option of in-person at Brentwood Bay office)
- Hourly Rate: $20 per hour
- Term: 30 to 37.5 hours/week, choice of the selected candidate
- Start: September 5, 2022 (flexible)
- End: December 23, 2022 (flexible)
How to apply
- Deadline to apply: August 22, 2022 at midnight.
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter in PDF format.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and email subject line.
- Send email PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org c/o Nicole Nelson.
PLEASE NOTE: This position may be funded through the Digital Skills For Youth Program.